Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 09 Bloom

by Richard Chew

Every month is an interesting affair, especially when looking through my photo album to see which bloom to post. I must admit this month is slow a month as many of my roses have gone through some hard pruning.

Anyway managed to pull out some photos for this month bloom.

Below is my Purple rose. I nickname it Purple Rain because I noticed each time it blooms it rains and the bloom will last me most 2 days.

Purple Rain Rose

The next is my pink miniature that I got from Ikea. The picture below was taken just before I pruned. This 'grown up' spider had been residing at this rose for couple of weeks. Now that I have pruned the rose, I wonder where it went.

Photobucket


The following is one of the easiest to grow miniature rose. It is easy because it grows fast, profuse and little attention needed. And it is hardy too. If a beginner asked me to recommend a rose plant to grow, I will definitely recommend this one.

This rose bloom was also featured in my posting on my Mom's Rose Collection.

Photobucket


ac
Caught a picture of a butterfly. I learned that it is called Anthene emolus goberus, also known as Ciliate Blue.


Photobucket


Partially opened...

Photobucket


Fully opened...

Photobucket


Picture of pruning aftermath...

Photobucket




In the past month, I have added some new collection. Below are some of the blooms.

This is the Fairy Rose. It is tiny miniature because the flower is twice smaller that a typical miniature rose. It blooms in cluster. It is a very good ground cover rose. Now it is flowering, so I thought I better take some photos before I prune.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



The following is my Deep Red Rose. My digital camera is very sensitive to red colour. Unfortunately it doesn't have a feature to reduce the red sensitivity unlike other newer models. Anyway hope you can imagine the deeper red tone of the blooms.

This picture was taken before the flower bud opened.

Photobucket


The following pictures were taken under the bright morning sun.

Photobucket

Photobucket



***

No comments:

Post a Comment