Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fuller Flower Development

by Richard Chew

After experimenting some ways to get long & short burst flower buds, I noticed it compromised fuller flower development. And very often the flower petals burnt when fertilizer dosage is too high.

I reasoned if I can maintain strong stem development but reduce the rate of flower bud development, I may get fuller flower development.

The following is some of the progress of my Fusilier Rose. Pay attention to the size and depth of flower petal.



Photobucket



Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket





Compare the above with the bloom in June below. Noticed the difference




Photobucket


Photobucket



In June's bloom, this same Fusilier rose gave me cluster bloom, but compromise on the flower development. However the August bloom, it gave me a single fuller & deeper bloom.

Hopefully in my next attempt in 2 months time, I will get abundance and fuller bloom.



***

No comments:

Post a Comment