Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 2009 Bloom - Part 1 of 2

by Richard Chew

This month I have lots of bloom. I have added quite a number of new collections since last Dec during the Christmas, Chinese New Year & Valentine's Day shopping spree.

I don't know what it is call. I nick name this rose the Hurricane Rose because of its multiple spiral flower petal formation.





Its leaves are extra glossy compare to my other rose plants.







The flower is quite long lasting. The picture below was taken after 2 weeks since it opened. It was so lasting that its flower shape sustain till the 3rd week.




In case you are wondering, I didn't put any 'botox' or any special preservatives to make it long lasting. I just feed with regular fertilizer.


In this posting, I like to share my yellow blooms. Below are some of the yellow flowers.









The picture below was before it opened.



This is another yellow miniature variety that I have.




Below is the hot flaming torch, don't touch. Just kidding. This flower is yellow some mixture of bronze concentrated at the edge of the petals.






Another yellow miniature collection. This rose plant is still young. I bought it from a shopping mall. The leaves didn't look healthy because it was kept there for too long and limited air circulation and sunlight. Glad that it flowered. Hopefully in months to come, it shall be more profuse.

This is just some of the blooms in February. I will be posting the 2nd part soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment